Kirk B.'s thermal image of possible Bigfoot from New Mexico Expedition

Clip 1

Clip 2

Clip 3

These brand new thermal images of a possible Bigfoot from the 2011 BFRO New Mexico Expedition were taken by Kirk B., a BFRO investiagor from Washington State. Kirk used his FLIR-H series handheld imager to capture the creature at a remote hotspot in the mountains outside of Los Alamos. Some BFRO members believe it was a Sasquatch watching the camp at night.

Description of how the thermal images were caught:

Posted: May 16th, 2011 04:24 AM, by exennium
The videos were taken on Thursday night, the first official night of the expedition. The conditions were very cold, in the low 20's. Tim and Sandra organized the group's activities for the evening and a group went on a long road walk south of camp while another group went up to a ridge near camp and made vocalizations and knocks. When everyone returned to camp they gathered around the fire pit for warmth. It was 11:20 PM the first night and many had traveled all day to get there and were tired and cold, so everyone decided to stop activities for the night and try to warm up and get some sleep.

My routine when in the woods is to record the camp overnight with the thermal imager by connecting it to a camcorder and powering both with a deep cycle battery connected to a power inverter. The equipment, minus the thermal imager, was set up on a slope next to camp. Since maneauvers were done for the night, I climbed up the slope to attach the thermal imager and begin recording for the night. When I reached the equipment location, I decided to take one last look around with the thermal to see if we had any visitors.

As I panned around I caught sight of a strange heat signature that was only visible down a narrow alley between several trees to the south of camp. I've seen many a tree trunk or stump that shines bright in the thermal imager and thought that's what it must be. I took the first thermal video and some thermal photos to get it recorded, just in case. Then I took the second video and more photos with the 2x built in zoom. As I continued to view the unknown heat signature, I tried to walk toward it to get closer but only got about 20 feet due to the steep slope and stumbling over rocks, bushes and fallen branches in the cold darkness. I then took the third video.

I was really cold, tired, struggling to maintain my footing on the slope and this heat signature didn't appear to be moving at all. So I decided it must be a tree, connected the thermal imager for overnight recording of the camp and headed to the hopeful warmth of my sleeping bag and tent. Of course, I now feel really stupid for deciding it was just a tree and certainly should have kept moving toward it until it moved. Live and learn.

The next day, Steve reported that during the night he heard branch breaks and saw possible eyeglow south of camp. On the camcorder LCD screen, I reviewed the overnight thermal recording of camp, but no animal heat signature was recorded where the thermal imager had been pointed. Then I remembered the unknown heat signature I'd recorded on the thermal imager itself and downloaded the files to my laptop. Upon seeing the thermal photos expanded on the laptop monitor, I realized what I'd seen the previous night might not have been a tree afterall. I had to use Jeff's laptop to play the thermal's .avi videos which wouldn't play on my laptop. When we saw the videos on the laptop, the unknown heat signature looked even more interesting.

So on Friday and then again on Saturday we conducted recreations with a human standing where the unknown heat signature had been. It was determined that the unknown heat signature was at least 75 yards away. The comparisons with a 6'2" human showed that the unknown heat signature was around 15% taller and thus above 7' tall. The weather on Friday and Saturday was very similar to Thursday's weather, meaning that if the unknown heat signature was a tree, stump or rock, it would have presented itself again Friday and/or Saturday night, but no such heat signature appeared Friday or Saturday night. More precise distance measurements were going to be obtained on Sunday, but the group awoke Sunday morning to a snow storm and everyone had to immediately pack up and get out of camp while they could.

The resulting analysis of all the information shows the unknown heat signature was unlikely to be a tree, stump or rock, was over 7' from top to bottom, seems to display a standing human-like shape of a head, shoulder, arm and leg and appeared near camp after the group had recently concluded a long night walk in the direction the heat signature was seen. Everyone in camp was accounted for around the fire pit and could not have reached the heat signature location in the time it took me to reach my equipment on the slope. No other campers were known to be in the area. The location was remote with no humans living nearby. The cold weather conditions and late night timing make it unlikely to have been a hiker.

The fact that I thought it was a tree the night the videos were taken rendered the moment of the sighting rather anticlimactic. If the heat signature is a sasquatch, the sighting certainly wasn't filled with the excitement I had always expected to experience when I saw one! I continue to refer to it as the "unknown heat signature" because that's simply what it is. I've reached the point where I do believe 99% that it's a sasquatch due to the subsequent comparisons and analysis, but there's just no way to know for sure.

Note that the time displayed on the thermal videos and photos show 10:27 PM, but the time was actually 11:27 PM. The thermal imager is set to Pacific time while the New Mexico expedition was in Mountain time. I'll next post some thermal photos, human comparison thermal photos and day time photos of the scene.

Source: Blue Forum

0 comments:

Post a Comment